Friday 31 May 2013

In a Nutshell - April-May 2013

Wow! Every Flavour Books is already over a month old! Each month I'm going to summarize what I've posted and what books I've read (inspired by Jamie's Monthly Rewind posts at The Perpetual Page-Turner). Here's my first In a Nutshell post, recapping what happened on this blog in April-May.

POSTS:

Joining the Blogosphere
Time to Quote (#1): Blood Red Road
Time to Quote (#2): The Perks of Being a Wallflower

REVIEWS:

Cashore, Kristin: Graceling 5- stars
Clare, Cassandra: Clockwork Princess 5 stars
Chima, Cinda Williams: The Demon King 4½ stars
Crowley, Cath: Graffiti Moon 5 stars
Chima, Cinda Williams: The Exiled Queen 4 stars
Dessen, Sarah: Lock and Key 5 stars
Chima, Cinda Williams: The Gray Wolf Throne 4- stars

I read really good books in April-May, as you can see! A short while before I started this blog, though, I read a book I didn't like that much (but didn't hate either!), Anna Dressed in Blood, just in case you're thinking that I love everything I read... ;) However, I have to admit that sometimes I feel like I should give positive reviews to all books - but I'm working on combining honesty, critique and a sense of appreciation of the author's hard work in my reviews because I think that's fair. I suppose I'll figure it out gradually!

TOP 5 BOOKS I READ:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)Graffiti Moon
Sources: GoodreadsGoodreads

1) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (review to come!)
2) Graffiti Moon
3) Clockwork Princess
4) Lock and Key
5) Percy Jackson series (review to come!)







MEMES:

Top Ten Tuesday (#1): Books I Thought I'd Like More/Less
Top Ten Tuesday (#2): Books When You Need Something Light and Fun
Top Ten Tuesday (#3): Books Dealing With Tough Subjects
Top Ten Tuesday (#4): Favourite Book Covers
Top Ten Tuesday (#5): Fun Characters (Freebie!)

It's Monday, What are you reading? (#1) 29.04.2013


-Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment